Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Beyonce - YOU are NOT WORTHY - Please sit the hell down!

Beyonce is on Tour...and a few days ago in Sydney,
she covered Jill Scott's "He Loves Me (Lyzel in E Flat)"

I'll admit that I’m a certified Beyonce' Stalker -
and I wouldn't normally disagree with anything she does…lol

But I'm torn on this one...


Because at the end of the day and underneath my obviously sick obsession with Beyonce' - I'm a music lover and I have respect for the artist and the craft...so I think that this song is off limits...

What do you think?

I mean of all songs to cover she chooses "He Loves Me (Lyzel in E Flat)" -

That's a no, no....Nelkie: I know you agree...

I've seen Jill Scott perform this live on three different occasions and each and every time I've seen her perform this song - you feel it in her soul...I mean it just envelops you when she performs this live...even when you listen to the CD...

Jill cries, we cry, the audience cries - I mean we just lose it. So "He Loves Me" is kind of off limits...because of its significance to Jill (obviously) and the power in the melody, the words, the arrangement, etc....

So Beyonce’ in the words of Rika - "Please Sit the Hell Down Somewheres"

I mean - that's like someone covering "My Life" - which is a definite NO, NO! That song is truly off limits...I remember when I saw Mary Live and when she sang it, by the second verse she was lying all in the floor and everything... and I mean we were out in the floor with her...literally. We were falling over crying and everything, right in there. - LMAO!

Hell, I even cry when I see Mary perform on TV...I cried when she was on the Grammys and all...as a matter of fact...I cry when I'm in the car and all...I'm a complete H.A.M. - I know...

But anyway, I'm not saying that those songs can't be covered...but at least wait until Mary and Jill are over 50 and we're at a BET Tribute concert before you "COVER" them BEYONCE! Geeze!

After all of that…click below to see it...and holla back!

http://clipsandkisses.com/blog/?p=239

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absouletly, positively NOT!!! Beyonce needs to SIT THE HELL DOWN ASAP! It hurt my got damn heart to hear her go on and on with a classic Jill Scott song that is SO damn personal. First off, she "tried" to sing it like Jill does, which pissed me off even more, and then Beyonce is so dramatic and over the damn top with it...with the wind blowing all in her face and Ms. Ed's hair blowing all over the damn place...looking like the Lion from The Wiz with her knock off Diana Ross performance.

Needless to say, I don't agree nor do I approve of Beyonce and her decision to cover that song. She should be FINED big time for making such a bad error in judgment and completely f***ing up a CLASSIC song. She needs to be contacted ASAP and told that it is NOT acceptable for her to cover that song anywhere EVER AGAIN but in the privacy of her own damn shower, if that. If she sings it live again IN PUBLIC, I will have no choice but to try and contact her publicist and top execs in the industry to voice my opinion. That's my take and I am mad as hell.

T.a.c.D said...

Aww HELL naw!
that song was to her husband, that song is so full of emotion, that's like her singing India's "The Truth"...that's like her singing Pattie's "somebody loves you"

certain songs are just for that artist...now if you are covering with the artist, the MAYBE, that's a BIG MAYBE

every artist has their own style and to TRY to immetate another artist is an insult, just take it and do your own thing if you are going to DO it...again I don't recommend this for certain songs...

but yes she needs to stick to her own stuff, you can feel her emtions when she sings that song, what "crazy in love" and "flaws and all" that's her...so stick to just being YOU boo!

in the words of Rika SIT THE HELL DOWN, not NOW, but RIGHT NOW!

Anonymous said...

oh please beyonce and jill are cool with each other. Beyonce knows jill has the song on lock and she probably feels the same emotion for jay that jill probably felt when she wrote it for her husband. It's no different than you singing at home it's just that it's beyonce so it gets blown out of proportion. Please yall need to fall back it's not that serious. I bet jill takes it as a compliment.

Anonymous said...

You are too funny!! I love the hell out of Beyonce but I have to agree with you. Some songs are off limits, she was definately out of her element. Jill Scott is on a whole differnt level! Love you blog, wanted to show a sista some love.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the majority. This is a classic that needs to be left to the originator!!

It is What It Is... said...

@ Rika - I know you were heated...that's why I called this Post - "Beyonce' sit the hell down" - cause that's what I could hear you saying when I listened to her singing it! lol

@ T.C. - Beyonce' is a Hott MESS. But you know I still lover her!

@ Mommy w/a Purpose - Thanks for stopping thru...you are officialy linked to my page...

@Anonymous - Whatever...lol

Southern_Lady said...

As you probably already saw, I feel same way. Jilly is a no-no. Point blank. I don't feel so bad admitting that I cry everytime I see Jill perform He Loves Me. Damn shame, but true!

It is What It Is... said...

@ Southern_Lady - yes, Jill just does something to me...its like a Mary Concert. You can just feel them...

Anonymous said...

Good day


This is the big one. Finding http://www.BuySellDirect.net is going to change the way I do business, selling FREE in an advance ebay like will never be the same again.


http://www.BuySellDirect.net is 100% FREE