Saturday, June 30, 2007

Does Love Bear All Things?

When I want to be touched, you don’t touch me
When I want to be kissed, you don’t kiss me
You don’t hear me when I speak
And your thoughts are of everything but me

I seek the affection of you,
I seek the intimacy we once shared
I wish you would embrace me as you once did

In the past, you would look me in my eyes and kiss me
Your eyes would tell the story of your love for me
Now, I don't know who you love
There is only emptiness when I look into your eyes

Sure you are around me, but that’s not nearly enough
Because the real you isn’t really here with me
Sometimes you can be right next to me, yet it feels like you’re a million miles away…

I'm just so tired of this
Tired of fighting
I feel like I don't have anything else to give...

I want you in my life but I am done with feeling alone and unappreciated
It seems like every time I try to do something for us, its not good enough for you

Sometimes I think you just don’t care

You’ve turned your back on me and sometimes I wish you wouldn’t turn back around…then I could just walk away - but you just won't let go...

And I want more than anything to love you, but you keep making it hard

Maybe you don’t want us
Maybe you do

I have been more than patient with you

Your actions are making me want to just say:
the hell with it and just pick up where I left off…

I want us to be happy…but your not willing to do your part. I feel like I’ve made every effort to make this work…

But if you don’t want it for us…
I am begging you to please leave
and don’t look back…

7 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

totally feeling this

It is What It Is... said...

Deep huh...

Trapped-n-my-Thoughts said...

Dag...I'm feeling this. U wrote this with straight emotion...

jendayi said...

whoah! that gave me goosebumps.

Monie said...

I say gotdayum! Did you peek in my brain and write this?!!!

Shai said...

Tight piece, I feel it.

Chari said...

Nice piece. Flip the script and kick them out the door! ;)