Sunday, July 15, 2007

I'm addicted to MySpace.com - (and yes - its like Crack)


I've been on a leave from blogging for almost 20 days. It hasn't been because I'm busy. Well - I have actually been busy at work...but its been because I have embarked on a path that I never thought in a million years that I'd be taking -

I am officially addicted to MySpace.

Instead of visiting blogs...I now visit the profile pages of potential friends and old ones on MySpace.

For so long - I hated on myspace. I talked about anybody who had a page and dismissed the site as meaningless use of the internet. I praised and held bloggers at a higher level than the low-life users of the online "friend-space" - but now I have become what I've feared the most - I've become regular user.

I check my myspace inbox before I even crack open my yahoo or pocketpc.

Its gotten so bad that when I can't sleep, I immediately turn on my laptop and log-on to MySpace (yes-people - that is truly unbelievable...)

However - I will admit that I miss the blogger community while I was out on my little myspace binge.

There is so much that I have and wanted to share -

- My Accident (yes I was in another accident people - my friends now refer to me as "Final Destination" and "9-Lives") LMAO
- Why I'm afraid to fall in love again
- Learning how to break my shopping addiction
- Monique's Charm School Season and Reunion Show (and how it re-energized me)

However, I realized that I wouldn't dare blog or share that information in a "myspace- post or bulletin" with "TOM" and nem' - so that's the one thing that Myspace lacks...it lacks the sense of community & closeness that we have here in the land of black bloggers...

When I'm reading the pages of my fellow bloggers - I'm given a glimpse into the "real" and "authentic" them.

But most importantly - it is the comments/feedback that I love to read and get from the bloggers - it lets you know that you're not alone...I love to get the "I heart you's" and the "I feel you girl!" from you everybody...

I also love the fact that I have a forum to share my thoughts and life with everyday people - hell, I've read some posts that have made me cry, laugh, some have even stopped me from walking off a job or knocking a friend or co-worker in the head...so this blogger thing is good for something. LMAO

Also, I know that if I haven't spoken to any of my email buddies - I can always read their blogs to see what's good or if I need to place an actual phone call other than comment or email (when they are going through...LOL)

PS (because I'm still in recovery - if any of you want to share your myspace pages with me...let me know so I can request you as a friend as soon as I log out of Blogger...) LMAO

16 comments:

eclectik said...

I remember my myspace addiction LOL you're right it gets like that

I hope that this doesnt keep you from visiting me :)

Oh and even a more better more Gooder addiction?

eclectik-discussion.com (Grown folk talk)

YEP!

e.

It is What It Is... said...

Hey e.!!

Now you know I visit you on a regular - but I've got some catching up to do...lol

I'm feeling the Dew Wymin know? Pt. 2 Posts too (they are the truth)

PS...I would have never gotten that Chrissette Michele CD (that is changing mylife) if you didn't have Mr. Radio on the playlist...

Yes (I admit - I slept on your girl...)

dreamyj said...

i can completely understand your addiction, i've experienced that with facebook, myspace and blogging so i say embrace it until it dies down, =)

ps i too am in love with that chrisette michele album

jendayi said...

hmm.. no comment on the myspace crap but i love what you said about blogger. i feel the same exact way. love you sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I love your comments about blogging and believe it or not, I "kinda" understand your addiction with My Space...being the kind of person I KNOW you are (LOL)...but uhhhh, no to My Space...LOL!!!!

Love ya!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I love your comments about blogging and believe it or not, I "kinda" understand your addiction with My Space...being the kind of person I KNOW you are (LOL)...but uhhhh, no to My Space...LOL!!!!

Love ya!!!

T.a.c.D said...

i too agree with what you said about blogging, and the feeling like you have the on-line family, sister/brotherhood of sorts amongst all these people, all these positive people, you know...its an awesome thang!

but in terms of myspeace...HELL NAW...but like rm said, i know you, so I can see why...but its good to know that it'll never replace blogging for you!

Unknown said...

myspace addictions! i had one too!

Dondasaurus Rex said...

Thats how it always starts, but don't worry you'll soon grow tired of myspace and find yourself only checking your page 3 times a day instead of 48!

Tom_Gurl said...

I was addicted to myspace! Every working hour, I was on there-checking to see who was on....seeking my new friend....but then that died down, and now I'm addicted to Blogger! Right now Blogger wins hands down-for the same reasons you mentioned! Blog family is the greatest!!!

My myspace is myspace.com/milz_a_manna..come see me...be my friend!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe that's why I don't have a MySpace page or a Blog. I think either could potentially consume me.

I brought Chrisette Michele's CD. Not a bad track on the CD. The first track that comes to mind is 'Golden'. I guess that makes it my favorite.

Mark

JUST THANKIN..... said...

You crossed over.GEEZ!!!

Nikita T. Mitchell said...

WOW A myspace addiction? For real LOL. Well I am relatively new to blogging (Feb) and I agree with all that you were saying. Not to mention it's just tons of fun.

This is my first time here. I'm enjoying it :)

Nikita T. Mitchell said...

oh, but I guess my facebook addiction is prb worse than ur myspace one huh?....

Daneger said...

Luckily that myspace addiction begins to wear off as time goes by. I was on that joint everyday for like 4 months straigh finding folks I knew, checking messages, sending messages, and writing lyrics/poems on my myspace blog (which are still there by the way). The longest I have heard it lasting for anyone is like 6 months so you should be str8 pretty soon. LOL.

Anonymous said...

my friend bryan is just like that! he needs help!!!!!!!!,[