Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Hump Day is the Worst...Geeze!

I’ve had such a horrible morning that I’m going to “LOOK UP!” as Tye Tribbett would say and focus on the good things is my life. Which would be the HAPS for my upcoming weekend!!!

This weekend is going to be great. I’m claiming it…

Here we go:

Since I’m finally done with the “Room-Mom/Soccer-Mom” stuff…the only activity that little mama has this summer is swimming lessons (which she absolutely loves) and piano lessons. And that’s it.

Friday night – hopefully, I’ll be spending sometime with my best friend. I miss her so much. We don’t get to hang out that often because I’ve just been too busy. It seems we only talk on the email lately...But its mainly because she’s LAZY and doesn’t like to be out late at night (which is usually the only time I have to do anything because I’m so busy during the day and evenings…) so I hope I get to see her before she leaves for vacation Saturday morning (I’m so jealous she’s going to Costa Rica)

Saturday Morn – I’m getting my hair done. Yes, I’m getting the good “Kitchen HAIR DOO” because my money is funny. So I have to go to the hood instead of seeing my regular stylist who charges me $65.00 a visit (but it’s worth it…because he makes my hair looks so luscious every time he touches it…)

Saturday Afternoon – Volunteering at Selah’s ballet school’s Awards Day Picnic (I’ll be a Soccer Mom just this last time…) lol

Saturday evening – Kiamsha’s Scholarship Benefit – I’ll get to see J.A.C., T.C. and K.C. (and get on K.C.'s everlasting nerves as usual…lol) ~ I’m not sure who I’m going to bring...but I’m excited about it. I bought 2 tickets last year…and I wasn’t able to make it…I am determined to support them with my presence this year.

Sunday Morn/Afternoon
– spending time w/ my homeboy – He claims he needs my help with cleaning up his townhouse and straightening up. We’ll probably go to lunch downtown (D.C.) get the I-TIS, come home and crash on the couch and watch movies on the big screen…lol – I have a feeling we won’t be doing any cleaning because we’re both lazy and action movie fanatics…lol

Sunday Night – I’m taking Lil’ Mama to see Tye Tribbett and G.A. (short for Greater Anointing) in Baltimore, MD at Mt. Pleasant Church.

This is Lil' Mama's favorite group of all time. I have to listen to the CD all the time in the car…and she’s obsessed with the DVD of them Live. She’s knows all the 3 part harmonies to all of the songs. - She's a very strong High Alto too, just like her mama...lol


This LIVE CD has gotten me through some rough times in life...his music is so real.

BTW Family, here is an intereting tid-bit: James Poyser (writer/producer for Erykah Badu and Lauryn Hill) worked closely w/ Tye Tribbet on the album...so you know their stuff is the truth...

If you haven’t heard of them…check it out – one of my favorite songs to sing w/ Lil Mama'…




13 comments:

K.C. said...

YOUR COMING!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!

It is What It Is... said...

Yes baby girl...The DIVA in training is coming....LOL!!

I can't wait to see it!

T.a.c.D said...

you'll really enjoy the show...

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

Southern_Lady said...

Lil Mama has such good taste! I LOVE Tye Tribbett and G.A. We're doing a few of his songs for Youth and Young Adult Day this Sunday. Hallelujah to Your Name and Who Else But God are my fav. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

WOW...sounds like a great weekend. Take some pics at T.C., K.C., & J.A.C's event since I won't be able to make it.

Anonymous said...

@ rodrigo - R u serious? English with a hint of Ebonics are the only languages we speak and understand. No pun intended but you might need to translate that bro. Holla!!!!

Anonymous said...

Tye Tribbett is the best!!! I may have to check out that concert as well. Does it cost?

It is What It Is... said...

The tickets are $25.00 which is pretty cheap for Tye Tribbett...

jendayi said...

claim your good weekend girl! see you saturday!

dreamyj said...

I absolutely LOVE tye tribbett, that CD got me through some hard times and helped me rejoyce through the good times! =)

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

what a sat. hair dryers and all

jendayi said...

what happened to you heifa!? you didn't show!