Saturday, February 10, 2007

There is nothing like catching up with an old friend (The things that matter the most)...

Wow...Its nothing like catching up with an old friend.

It was good to be greeted with an old but familiar face. Some people say that the past should be left where it is. There are so many negative things associated with the past (for me anyway). But this old friend was a welcomed face from my yesterday.

Although our time was short, we were able to spend time, talk, share and most importantly we had the opportunity to reminisce...

What was really comforting was that I knew that my old friend was listening to me. I mean genuinely listening to my words and concerns. It felt good not to have the pressure. It was refreshing. I really enjoyed it. It meant so much to me.

It felt so good to be able to touch, laugh and "just be" with my old friend. I didn't want that moment to end...

When we were together...It dawned on me how good it felt to just to be able to laugh...and for my friend to share that that with me.

Those are the little things that matter the most. Its those little things that keep the heart beating...And I truly thank God that at the tender age of 27, I am able to recogonize that those are the things in life that matter the most.

The touch, the laughs, and just being able to be...
Thank you M.W.

2 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

I think that's what its all about, getting back to the heart of the matter, the meat, the center of it all, joy...peace...man I am so happy that you were able to do that...I had that today, with an old friend myself, ME...I think we can get so wrapped up in the stuff of everyday and all that is wrong with US or the world, or whatever...but just taking the moment to just find time to enjoy the little things that really matter....That's really what its all about..

peace and Love sis!

jendayi said...

aww. how sweet!!!