Tuesday, April 24, 2007

CLOSER...

For the past 2 weeks or so...I've been going through a lot.

And as a result, I've been just staying to myself. I just don't want to be bothered.

And to think - last week, I was just singing: Sisterhood, sisterhood, sisterhood...LOL (see the post below for reference - LOL)

Anyway,

I'm dealing with so much. I'm at transitional point in my life.
It seems like in life – you get over one hill and then comes the MOUTAIN…

Although I know that this won't last forever...
I know that it will pass…but its just really hard for me right now...

I've always been the type of person that's always there for everyone else.
And I guess its just second nature you know?

I'm a very compassionate person and I've always been able to give sound advice, and support to my friends and family members whenever they need me. NO MATTER what.

I've been and have always been the friend that takes the calls from the broken hearted at 2:00 a.m. in the morning.

I've gotten up out of my bed to go help someone on a work night.

I've stayed on the phone until the wee hours of the night - just listening to dead silence. Because there might not be anything else to say. But that person may just need to know that there is someone on the other end of the phone...

I've been the friend that does this or that to make sure everyone else is ok and comfortable. I've done the encouraging; the praying and crying, the hugging, sending the get well or thinking of you cards...

And don't get me wrong. - I know that I'm called to be a person that pours into others and gives back. And its a burden to carry at times - when you have to take on other peoples stuff...

But I believe and KNOW that at the end of the day -
I enjoy being a strong friend and confidant to my friends and family.

I'll keep it real and be the first to admit that it gives me great joy and pleasure to be a help and resource to people who are in need. I actually love helping others. Its just me.

However - When I'm going through and experiencing those rough times…You know - the ones where you don't know which way to turn and everything seems like it all over the place and crazy…

Or the times when its late at night and the tears…oh tears…they just won’t stop flowing...

Or the times when you have people around you but you just feel so lonely inside...

Who will pour into me?


Who will speak positive words of encouragement into my life?

Who will listen?

Who will think of me or say my name and just call to be calling? Who?
Where are they? Where are they now? Who will listen to me?

Who will cry with me at 2:00 in the morning on the phone?

Who will sit up with me in the wee hours of the night while I breathe into the receiver because I just don't know what else to say?

I know my friends and family love me...
but sometimes it just feels like you're all alone...

But when I realized that I had to ask myself these questions...I ALSO realized that I was asking the wrong questions. And I checked them at the door…

Once I did that – the word Relationship kept coming to mind…relationship, relationship, relationship...

I realized that I had grown apart and neglected the most important friendship in my life...

And at that exact moment, I knew.

I knew it was time for me to get closer...

Straight from the heart,
J

###

This post is dedicated to my cousin Wynter - Thank you.

Ps. Initially when I started this blog - I thought that I wouldn't reveal what's written in the pages of my journal or uttered to close friends to the world. But - all I had was my blog and God today...so I had to post it and get it out...what a sigh of relief...

Who knew that a blog could be Therapy...

8 comments:

JUST THANKIN..... said...

sometimes we have our picks of whom we want to encourage us, or whom we want that hug from...I am here for you...if you let yourself not supply the need but be in "need" we all have those times... But God is drawing you near and purging. those are often times when we feel alone....Love you, Signed-Transparent me

It is What It Is... said...

@ just thankin - you are so right...I know you are there for me and so are others...I know you guys love me...YOU especially girl - (PINK RINGS RIGHT??) LOL

But this is MY TRUE BEST friend calling on me...to get closer. Its Jehovah. You have those moments where you just know that its him...you just know. Those moments when nothing else, no person will OR can be of comfort. I realized that's the relationship and friendship I should be building and nuturing.

Anonymous said...

Life can sometimes whip u but out of nowhere, just when u think u can't take another blow...that comfort from God comes right in the nick of time. I know that whatever you're going through, u will get through it and your big sister has learned that everytime u go through something, its not for everyone to know, sometimes its good to work things out on your own. U have to learn to encourage yourself, and talk your way through those trying times. Although I'm your sister, I'm your friend as well so when those times come that u need someone to just listen to u....u know where to call...your big sister uderstands. Luv ya

Kdjah said...

Girl...you wanted me to post well here I go. As a grown azz woman of late thirties hood, yes I know I look good, Ima tell you. I am you, most of the sisters I know that you know that we know are. I have learned that sometimes you go thru your sh__ all by your self. It doesn't mean that people don't love you or genuinely want to help but who loves you best? God and you. It's hard but as you said we will make it thru, as far as sisterhood it is out there for us but sometimes it's ok to reflect on our situations in our secret closet. Girl just know that you are awesome, the little I know of you is talent, intelligence, creativity and beauty. I love you and am praying with you...

It is What It Is... said...

@ Sis - Yes, that is what I've learned. I learned that I had to encourage and lift myself up. I know that you all are there for me...but I had to be there for myself. There will be times when your friends won't or can't be there to help you or carry you through. It doesn't mean that they don't care...it just means that you've got to learn to lean on God and yourself.

And you know what else - I didn't really want to share what I was going through. I realized that now.

A friend read this post and asked "Why didn't you say anything, why didn't you tell us about it?" and I told her that I just didn't want to share. I just wanted to deal with it...after I stopped my pity party. I just dealt with it on my own...well after it all - I did learn something...LOL

It is What It Is... said...

@ kdjah - Girrrllll....LOL - ain't nothing like that secret closet...nothing...

T.a.c.D said...

i know its hard on you at times, but you just gotta keep pushing on and keep carrying on...that's what you have to do...and honestly those that really love you,WILL always be there...i can relate to what you are sayin...but you know what we need to give them the opportunity to be there for us...trust they will be there...

Kdjah said...

Yes sometimes people who are used to caring for others (I) think it would be a bother to tell someone or we just don't want to keep reliving it thru speaking it out loud... I am feeling that now. But yes a secret closet can work wonders cause God is REAL, trust!